December 30, 2010

It's New Year's Eve, do you know where your resolutions are?

Oh wow, I've been neglecting the blog haven't I? And it's really not because I have better things to do with my fabulous and blessed life :). Really it's because I am LAZY at times, okay for months at a time, when it comes to writing. We have been up to so much this past year, I'm gonna have to post some pictures soon.

So are you thinking about your New Year's resolutions? I haven't made any New Year's resolutions yet and I probably won't because then I for sure won't accomplish the things I need to accomplish in 2011. If I were making a list, it would look something like this:

1. Finish losing weight (Pfffffft! Yeah right, I'll just put the cake down for once...or not)
2. Blog every week, this is your legacy you know (Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!)
3. Be a better listener (Possibly if my tongue is removed)
4. Focus on others and less on yourself (But making everything about me is fun...)
5. Save more and spend less (Errr.....)
6. Cook more often and better (first I would have to acknowledge that corn dogs are not a well balanced or nutritious food)
7. Read literature that makes me a better person (Nope, Twilight and Harry Potter don't count, no matter how many times I read them)
8. Go to bed earlier (Yeah, this one is impossible)

As you can see, that list is already fraught with hurdles and I haven't even officially made it. I think it's best to keep things vague so that nearly any positive effort I make can be spun as me keeping my New Year's resolutions. So here we go, my official resolution:

I will try my very best, most of the time except on Mondays, to not screw up in any way that I am cognizant is an actual screw-up. If I do screw-up, such screw-up shall be acknowledged by making amends with myself, the other person, or thing I've wronged with a promise to try harder the next day.

So that's it, I'm not even adding any fine print. I'm locked in. Happy Resolution making to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...